online arts award: Photography course
Dates: Every Saturday from 20 February to 27 March 2021
Year Group: Year 9
Cost: Free (including materials)
Timings: 10 am – 4 pm (see below for more details)
Eligibility: Priority given to students who meet HEON’s target criteria
APPLICATIONS are now closed. if you are interested in applying for future online arts award courses, please contact email@example.com
On this exciting photography focused course delivered by the University for the Creative Arts, participants will have the opportunity to work towards a Bronze Arts Award qualification by taking part in a series of lessons, both live and pre-recorded, which are structured around the Bronze Arts Award criteria. Our interactive online classroom setting will provide students with allotted tutor time as well as the opportunity for peer feedback. This course aims to offer students the opportunity to develop the following skills in:
- Practical photography
- Artist research
- Analysing art
- Note taking
- Critical thinking
- Reflective thinking
- Written and verbal communication
Throughout the course, participants are encouraged to express their individuality and creativity. Each student will create an individual portfolio to evidence their journey throughout the programme which will be moderated by the Trinity Arts Award moderation board at the end of the course. Students will be required to work on their portfolios in their own time to ensure they reach their full potential and hit the Arts Award full criteria.
- Participants must be a current Year 9 student to take part in this workshop, with priority given to HEON target students.
- This workshop will take place via an online platform therefore participants must have internet access.
- Parental consent will be sought from successful applicants to participate in this course and each student will be provided with a free materials pack.
dates and times
This course will take place over six consecutive Saturdays starting on Saturday 20 February 2021.
- Saturday 20 February 2021
- Saturday 27 February 2021
- Saturday 6 March 2021
- Saturday 13 March 2021
- Saturday 20 March 2021
- Saturday 27 March 2021
The days will follow the below timings:
- 10.00 – 11.00: Live online briefing
- 11.00 – 12.00: Pre-recorded lesson
- 12.00 – 13.00: Lunch and self-directed study
- 15.00 – 16.00: Live online debrief
supporting gatsby benchmarks
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
7. Encounters with further and higher education
The course will be taking place within an online classroom on Blackboard Collaborate, a secure platform which is used by University for the Creative Arts.
Students may wish to participate via audio, though this is not a requirement and we recommend participation via the chat/messaging function on the page. Students will not use a webcam or participate via video. All sessions will be monitored and supervised by University of the Creative Arts employees and will be recorded to allow for multiple viewings by students on the course.
Participants will be sent a secure link to the virtual classroom each week and this will ensure that only students with an approved place on the course and UCA employees will have access to the room.
Disclaimer: All details and content are subject to change and correct at the time of publication (December 2020).