Gatsby has released a set of careers guidance to help raise the aspirations and capitalise on the opportunities available to them. In 2013 John Holman was commissioned to research the pragmatic actions could improve career guidance in England. As part of this research there were eight guidelines outlined to define good careers guidance are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
The explanation of the Gatsby Benchmarks and a copy of the report are available here.
THE Careers & Enterprise Company
Schools and colleges can be supported by The Careers & Enterprise Company in reaching the Gatsby Benchmarks and linking to employers. Further details can be found below.
There is a network of Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP’s) across England. Locally there are two that schools can be supported by. These are Enterprise M3 and Coast to Capital.